Montag, 14. September 2009

Butterfly Rescue

I was on my way back to the house when something dark inside the hyetometer (is it called like this? This thing were you measure how much it has rained?). I stopped an looked and saw an butterfly traped in this rain-measure-thingy and there was a bit of water in there - enough for this butterfly to drown. I got him out with some shaking and this poor thing was so exhausted that he was sitting on my hand for at least 5 minutes - he flew off and landed again, got some more rest before he finally took off. So here is a pic of this beautiful butterfly I guess they are called peacock butterfly (german: Tagpfauenauge)







1 Kommentar:

Carla hat gesagt…

Oh my gosh! That is so pretty. I've never seen anything like it. Over here we have moths that are pretty like that.