Sonntag, 22. Juli 2012

Manor "Wolfgangshof"

On our way to Zirndorf we drove by this manor - my friend Nicole asked me if could do a fast stop there. Sure - I´ve never been there either - I always saw this manor when I drove to Nuremberg by train.
This manor was built in 1903 by Alexander Graf v. Faber-Castell and named after his first son Wolfgang who died in March 1903. Faber-Castell is famos for their pens and pencils - their company is in Stein - right around the corner.

Its such a pretty manor....... just have look






Sadly no one is living there anymore but you can rent the property for festivities - I´m sure festivities there will be always in good memory.

1 Kommentar:

Dirt Road Quilter hat gesagt…

As a child, those were the only colored pencils I ever had and our children had them as well. What a lovely place - I can imagine having a wonderful sewing room in one of those round turrets. The view would be spectacular.